My colleague and I cleaned the workshop today. Every. Last. Inch. Of. It.
It took ALL DAY. From 9am until 5pm, with half an hour for lunch, we scrubbed and wiped and vacuumed and washed and dried and sorted and tidied…
And now it looks all sparkly and clean and luffly…..and we feel justified in spending some of tomorrow playing with glass instead of working with it!
There’s a lot to be said for having a colleague with whom you can clean for 8 hours [almost] straight, without
killing shouting at each other.
(-or “Mission One”-)
I went through the site and found everything I’m supposed to be doing today/this week.
Note: This turned out rather longer and more complicated looking than I wanted it to be. I thought about writing all the bits in their own posts but that would just be silly. However. I don’t need to write most of the stuff often. As of tomorrow I’ll only write the daily mission.
- Flylady’s Motto of the Year: Kind not mean in 2013 – if you say twentythirteen it scans better 😉
- Habit of the Month: Shine kitchen sink – everyday = empty, wash and dry it
- Zone of the Week: Porch, Hall, Dining Room – each room/group of rooms is a ‘zone’. Each zone comes round once a month. At the beginning you’re supposed to declutter for 15 mins per day = you go through throwing, putting or giving away. Anything not used, loved or wanted has to go. Once you finish decluttering (!!! like maybe after 2 months..) there are lists of specific things to clean each time the zone comes round
- Zone-based Mission of the Week: Wash the doors; both panels and handles (at some point during the week)
- Zone-based Mission of the Day: Wash the windows (and the walls if they’re smudgy which mine luckily aren’t so I’m ignoring that)
- Non zone-based Tasks of the Week or “Weekly Home Blessing” (either everything in an hour or one task per day)
- Polish mirrors (and doors)
- Purge magazines/newspapers
- Change sheets
- Empty all rubbish
- Non zone-based Tasks of the Day:
- Get up – well that’s a non-brainer… but at least I get at least ONE tick every day 🙂
- Get dressed – to shoes.. hmm.. I’m really not sure about this. I don’t wear shoes inside. I might just ignore that part too 😉
- Make bed
- Empty dishwasher
- 15 minutes excercise
- Drink 2l water – better 3 (I’m a glassblower remember? I need lots of water)
- Swish and Swipe – loo and sink
- Load of washing – sort, put on, hang up, fold, put away
- Think about dinner – I think she means make, eat and clear up after it as well 😉
- Get ready for tomorrow
- lay out clothes
- check calendar
- 2 minute Hotspot – Hotspots are places things pile up… Places like the sofa, or the surface in the hall you put stuff on. Your task is to choose one and spend a couple of minutes emptying it
- fill water bottles – to take to work. This isn’t one of hers, but I figure it might as well go on the list since I generally end up doing them in a rush when I should be on the way to work already 😉
- Shine sink
- Do something nice for yourself – read, drink cocoa, play a silly game on your phone, whatever floats your boat
- Sleep 🙂 – I’m aiming for being in bed somewhere between 10 and 11.. I have to be up at 7 and at the moment I need a LOT of sleep
- Focus of the Day: Planning and Playing – um.. pretty self explanatory really. It’s the day you plan things. stuff like what you’re going to eat for the rest of the week. Or what you’re going to wear. Or where you’re going at the weekend. Once everything’s planned, you play (films, long baths, dancing…). Because you deserve it. Especially when you’ve done everything else on that list as well. 😉
Okay. So washing my windows would not normally feature on my ToDo list today. But hey. I’m playing Flylady says. So here goes…