If I ever have my own workshop (and I would really like to), I would implement the following rules:
- only the people who believe in me are allowed in
- no shouting
- no putting people down
- nothing which smells bad and/or is likely to be unhealthy if you sniff it is to be brought into or kept anywhere in the workshop (unless it’s REALLY necessary, and the air conditioning’s working, and even then it shouldn’t be sniffed)
- proper (real, heartfelt) laughter is “ausdruecklich erwuenscht” (means something like especially requested)
- the ovens are there to be used, regardless of how small the thing you worked on is
- people who talk about me instead of to me will be ignored and/or banished.
Things I’d like to be true:
- there will be cake 🙂 and tea and apples and slow cooker soup in winter
- the windows are there to be opened
- the radiators can be turned down if required
- the tap water is drinkable.
And maybe some others…