I’m back on the train.
I have joined the commuting classes – as if there were such a thing – and I’m quite glad about it.
Not especially about the ride, but it creates a small space in my day where no one can complain about me ‘playing’ with my phone. No one can be jealous or upset that they don’t have my full attention, no one can make me feel guilty for not unpacking/tidying/washing the floor/working/whatever. No one can try and convince me that writing is a waste of time or that no one wants to read what I want to write. Continue reading “On commuting, phones and free time”
I’ve been here (on WordPress) for a year now.
A year is a pretty long time for me to stick to something.
Except it doesn’t feel like I’ve been stuck.
When I wrote it was because I wanted to, not because I had to.
I think I like writing. A whole lot more than I did during English lessons in school anyway. There’s something therapeutic about getting thoughts out of your head and onto the screen.
I read through some of my old posts this morning and can’t wait to get back to writing as and when ideas hit me.
Recently I’ve been working* too much to do anything much beyond eat and crash out. Some weeks went by without me even opening my laptop – something unimaginable this time last year.
As a result I haven’t written nearly as often as I’ve had things I wanted to write about, but I hope that now school and most of the exams are over I’ll be able to get on the computer more regularly.
Anyway. Thanks for sticking around.
* Working is in this case the generic term for all the following:
– working 10 or 11 hour days during the week to scrape together the 80 hours overtime I needed to earn 2 weeks off to work on my Meisterstück
– staying on even longer to practise for the exam and to work on my Meisterstück
– commuting between Baden-Würtemburg and Berlin most weekends (8hours each way by train or 3hours by plane if you count check in time and travel to and from the airport/train station)
– working on my Meisterstück at weekends and on public holidays as well
– trying to fit in time with the boyfriend